Key Takeaways
- Charlamagne Tha God dismissed Duane "Keffe D" Davis' 2Pac murder trial as "one long VladTV interview," arguing that hip-hop media has covered nearly every story in court for years.
- He cited repeated VladTV appearances by Keffe D, Mob James, and Tha Outlawz, saying the only new detail he heard involved something 2Pac allegedly said in the ambulance.
- Former Death Row security figure Mob James resisted discussing the decades-old gang conflict on the stand and said he did not want to help send Davis to prison despite their rivalry.
Charlamagne Tha God seems unfazed by the latest updates coming out of the 2Pac murder trial involving Duane “Keffe D" Davis.
On Thursday (August 20), Breakfast Club co-host Loren LoRosa shared some updates on what's been going on at the trial, which is currently taking place at Clark County District Court in Las Vegas, Nevada, with Judge Carli Kierny presiding.
After LoRosa shared some of the stories that were discussed in the court, many of which had already previously been talked about in media interviews, Charlamagne chimed in.
"By the way, this is just one long VladTV interview," he said near the 01:08:00 mark in the audio above. "If you've been watching VladTV over the last 20-plus years, you've heard every single one of these stories."
Charlamagne noted that Mob James, Keffe D, and Tha Outlawz have been featured on DJ Vlad's YouTube channel "a million times."
He continued: "These stories are not new. The newer thing I ever heard was the ambulance story. I've never heard that — that 2Pac said something in the ambulance."
Some of the previously shared stories came from Keffe D himself. In 2019, he co-authored the memoir Compton Street Legend, admitted he was in Las Vegas the night of the murder to FBI investigators, and gave candid VladTV interviews detailing his alleged role in the drive-by.
VladTV, launched in 2008, turned those conversations into public record with nearly six million subscribers watching.
Elsewhere in the 2Pac murder trial, former Compton gang member James "Mob James" McDonald made it clear he wasn't interested in helping send an old rival to prison while taking the stand.
Mob James took the stand Tuesday (August 18) in Las Vegas and repeatedly resisted questions about the decades-old gang conflict surrounding Shakur's death. "I'm aware of a lot of things. Things that was going on. People ain't talked about it in 30 years. Today ain't one of them," he said.
Things became particularly tense when Davis' defense attorney Michael Sanft repeatedly asked whether McDonald, a former Mob Piru member who worked security for Death Row Records, saw the person who shot 2Pac.
"I don't want to send him to prison even though we don't like each other," McDonald answered.