Customers at Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg, KY were stunned after witnessing restaurant workers carry a bloody deer carcass into the kitchen. Katie Hopkins, a witness, says they used a garbage can to bring it inside, but the tail, leg and foot protruding from it let everyone know that something inappropriate was going on. Shocked at what she saw, Hopkins called a health inspector, and Paul Lawson of the Whitley County health department confirmed that a dead deer was brought into the kitchen's cooking area. The restaurant was shut down immediately.

According to Lawson, the owner's son told him that he found the roadkill on the side of I-75 north. Lawson says that the staff claimed they didn't know they were doing something illegal, and wouldn't admit to doing it before. The owner says that the roadkill was for his family, not customers, because that sounds even better. After a thorough sanitation inspection, the restaurant is expected to reopen.

RELATED: The Most Ratchet News Stories of MarchAprilMayJuneJuly, and August.

[via Gawker]