UPDATED 4/10, 7:40 p.m. ET: YNW Bortlen was arrested on Saturday, according to documents viewed by Complex. He’s currently being held in Miami.
See original story below.
In Broward County court documents obtained by Complex, the pre-trial specialist states that Bortlen—real name Cortlen Henry—violated the conditions of his release on two separate occasions.
According to the documents, Bortlen is said to have been given permission to leave his residence for work on Mar. 27 but was later tracked to both a private residence and a regional King of Diamonds club. And on Mar. 28, Bortlen is said to have been tracked to a regional Playhouse Gentlemen’s Club and a G5ive Gentlemen’s Club after being given work-related permission to leave his home.
Reached by Complex on Tuesday, a spokesperson for the Broward County Courthouse confirmed that Bortlen’s pre-trial release had been revoked by order of Broward County Judge Andrew L. Siegel on April 5. In the court documents viewed by Complex, the judge called for Bortlen’s arrest. According to an open records search, a warrant for his arrest remained active as of the time of this writing.
In May of last year, the court agreed to let Bortlen out of jail on bond ahead of a pending trial. Shortly after, Bortlen released the “Been Thru” video, directed by Walt Mrsurge and Carrington.
Both YNW Melly and YNW Bortlen were initially arrested back in February 2019 for allegedly killing Christopher “YNW Juvy” Thomas Jr. and Anthony “YNW Sakchaser” Williams. Bortlen, prior to this latest development, had been placed on pre-trial services for charges including murder in the first degree and accessory after the fact.
Complex has reached out to YNW Bortlen’s attorney, as well as reps for the Miramar Police Department and Bortlen’s management, for additional comment. This post will be updated accordingly.