Drake wants out of the legal turmoil brought on by an incident at Delilah in West Hollywood in which, per his legal team, he was merely an innocent bystander.

Bennett Mcbride Sipes, as previously reported, is suing Drake and Odell Beckham Jr. (as well as Younes Bendjima and the club itself) over the 2018 incident. Following a similar line of logic as previous claims from OBJ, Drake's team is arguing that surveillance footage and additional accounts show that the "Summer Games" rapper shouldn't be held responsible for what went down at the paparazzo hotspot.

In court documents cited by The Blast Thursday, team Drake said footage "clearly shows" the alleged encounter was solely between Bendjima and the plaintiff.

"First and foremost, there can be no legitimate dispute that my client was not involved in the alleged ‘attack’ that is the subject of Plaintiff's Complaint," Drake's attorney told team Sipes. "Indeed, the security video footage and screenshots from said video, which are incorporated into the complaint, unequivocally show that neither my client nor any member of his security team ever came into physical contact with Mr. Sipes."

Drake's legal team added that his security detail is in place only for protection and were thus not told to intervene in the scuffle, which was previously alleged to have inflicted Sipes with "extreme mental anguish and physical pain." 

Now, Drake's team is asking for all claims against their client to be immediately dismissed. OBJ's lawyers made a similar move earlier this month.

Of course, outright world peace—the adoption of which would surely include some kind of resolution in the Delilah case—could quite easily be obtained if Drake would just release "Summer Games" as a single already.