Chance the Rapper stopped by Pitchfork's In Sight Out conversation series on Monday night at Chicago's Museum of Contemporary Art, where he shared gems that were enlightening, hilarious, and of course geared towards what he's been working on musically.
One of the event's more memorable moments occurred when Chano debunked a longtime rumor during his chat with journalist Adrienne Samuels Gibbs. Do you remember the reports about a collaborative mixtape he had been working on with Childish Gambino that rattled the industry for years? Well, it turns out it wasn't exactly true. "We perpetuated that rumor for a long time without recording anything," he said while laughing, "We did link up in Atlanta and record some tracks and...they’re amazing." Childish was the first to make the mixtape announcement back in 2014. "Now that chance finally released his verse on 'worst guys', maybe he can hurry up and finish the rest of our EP. #hinthint," he tweeted at the time.
And back in January of 2017, Chance posted an Instagram photo of them hanging out along with the caption "Hawaii then LA, back to work. #roscoeswetsuit." So while there isn't a full-blown joint project to look forward to for the time being, at least the pair have a few "amazing" song collaborations.
During the event, Chance also touched on his buddy Kanye West and even said he's down to do the music for the alleged Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reboot if it ever comes to fruition. NBC Universal, which owns the series' copyrights, reportedly filed new trademarks for the rights to Fresh Princess on TV and other media platforms. So if the reboot is in fact true, it will most likely star a female lead.
But before that happens, view some Twitter highlights from Pitchfork's In Sight Out series with Chance below.