Kanye West's sixth solo album, Yeezus, finally hit the streets today. Or, the e-streets. The 10-track album, featuring production by Daft Punk, Rick Rubin, and guest appearances from Chief Keef, King L, and Kid Cudi, among others, leaked five days before its official release date of June 18.
It adheres to no boundaries. West was not looking for a radio hit (hence the lack of singles leading up to the release), and the jarring, electro-influenced production is about as far away from anything that could be described as "easy listening" as possible. But while there's plenty of new sounds, it's filled with familiar personality. Plenty of the emotions that Kanye fans have come to expect: arrogance, self-righteousness, anger, vulnerability, fear.
We got our hands on Yeezus and made 10 quick reactions to the 10 track project. Yeezy Season is in full effect.
Peep the full tracklist below:
1. "On Sight" (Produced by Daft Punk) [Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
2. "Black Skinhead" (Produced by Daft Punk) [CyHi The Prynce, Lupe Fiasco, Malik Yusef]
3. "I Am A God" (Featuring God) (Produced by Daft Punk) [Hudson Mohawke, Justin Vernon, Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
4. "New Slaves" (Featuring Frank Ocean) (Malik Yusef, Rhymefest)
5. "Hold My Liquor" (Feat. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon) [Alejandro Ghersi, Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
6. "I’m In It" (Feat. Travis Scott) [Justin Vernon, Malik Yusef]
7. "Blood On" The Leaves [Hudson Mohawke, Tony Williams]
8. "Guilt Trip" (Feat. Kid Cudi) (Produced by S1)
9. "Send It Up" (Feat. King L) [Alejandro Ghersi, Daft Punk, Gesaffelstein]
10. "Bound 2" (Feat. Charlie Wilson) [John Legend]