A high school house party in Colorado took a dangerous turn on Saturday night when the floor to the home collapsed, resulting in three young people being sent to the hospital with injuries, CBS Denver reports.

South Metro Fire Rescue learned that the floor collapsed in the Arapahoe County home, with three resulting injuries, one of which was severe. The remaining teens at the party escaped the situation via a still-standing staircase, and the home was totally evacuated after a natural gas line ruptured at the scene. 

“We just picked up our friend and the next Snap was the basement collapsing,” said an unidentified Eaglecrest High School friend who avoided the collapse. 

Crews were called to the home around 9:30 p.m during what Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office called an 18-year-old’s birthday party at their grandparent’s house, per KUSA. South Metro Fire Rescue added that the party of 100-150 people resulted in a portion of the first-floor collapsing. The department’s Technical Rescue Team is working to stabilize the home, as public information officer Eric Hurst stressed to CBS Denver the dangers of overcrowding at parties. 

“It’s something to be cognizant of,” Hurst shared. “If it’s a situation where there’s overcrowding in any situation it’s best to avoid that.”