Conor McGregor Arrested in Miami Beach for Allegedly Smashing a Fan's Phone (UPDATE)

McGregor was arrested Monday after allegedly breaking a fan’s phone outside the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel.

conor mcgregor arrested

ATLANTA, GA - FEBRUARY 03: Conor McGregor and his son, Conor Jack McGregor Jr., play on the field prior to Super Bowl LIII at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on February 3, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

conor mcgregor arrested

UPDATED Mar. 14, 10:11 a.m. ET: TMZ Sports has obtained video of Conor McGregor stomping on a fan's phone outside the Fontainebleu Miami Beach hotel. In the video, the alleged victim, Ahmed Abdirzak, can be heard asking McGregor to, "Let me get my phone, man!" McGregor was arrested on charges of criminal mischief and felony strong-armed robbery, and faces up to 20 years in prison. 

View this video on YouTube

    See the original story below. 

    The Miami Herald has learned that Conor McGregor was arrested Monday and charged with felony strong-armed robbery and misdemeanor criminal mischief after allegedly smashing a fan’s phone outside the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel. 

    UPDATED: MMA fighter Conor McGregor charged with strong-armed robbery and criminal mischief (both felonies) for allegedly smashing a fan's phone outside the Fountainebleau hotel

    — David Ovalle (@DavidOvalle305) March 11, 2019
    According to online records, Conor McGregor has been arrested in Miami. Miami Herald reports McGregor is being accused of breaking a fan’s phone.

    The report claims McGregor was walking out of the Fontainebleau Miami Beach shortly after 5 a.m. when he "slapped" a phone out of the hand of a fan who was trying to take a photo of the UFC fighter. McGregor proceeded to stomp on the phone, valued at $1,000, several times before picking up the device, and walking away with it. The entire incident was captured on surveillance video. Conor was not arrested at the scene, but was taken into custody after detectives spent the day looking into the incident.  

    McGregor's defense lawyer Samuel Rabin released a statement, acknowledging that his client "was involved in a minor altercation involving a cell phone that resulted in a call to law enforcement. Mr. McGregor appreciates the response of law enforcement and pledges his full cooperation."

    McGregor shared on his Instagram admitting his fault in the incident, writing,"Patience in this world is a virtue I continue to work on. I love my fans dearly. Thank you all."

    His latest arrest comes nearly one year after McGregor flipped out at a UFC 223 pre-fight press event at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Despite facing 12 criminal charges, which included two felonies, Conor plead guilty to a disorderly conduct charge, and received just five days of community service, and three days of anger management courses.

    Latest in Sports