On Tuesday, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported that four unidentified players on the Brooklyn Nets have tested positive for the coronavirus.
Woj went on to say that all Nets players and personnel have been told to remain isolated.
Shams Charania reported that Kevin Durant is among those who tested positive.
He said he is feeling fine, according to Charania. Here is the team's official statement.
"The organization is currently notifying anyone who has had known contact with the players, including recent opponents, and is working closely with state and local health authorities on reporting," the statement said.. "All players and members of the Nets travel party are being asked to remain isolated, closely monitor their health and maintain constant communication with team medical staff. The health of our players and staff is of the highest priority to the organization and the team is doing everything within its power to ensure that those affected receive the best care possible."
So far, only one player has been reported as symptomatic.
The team reportedly tested players after they returned to Brooklyn from a stay in San Francisco. The Nets—not the NBA—contracted a private company to conduct the tests and the results came back on Tuesday.
Shortly after Jazz star Rudy Gobert tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this month, the NBA suspended the season. Commissioner Adam Silver confirmed that the league will pause for at least 30 days as the pandemic grows. Yet, Woj reported this week that owners and NBA executives are looking at mid-June as the best case scenario to resume competition.