The latest from Hart arrives following rumors that Hart was considering a return to the gig after Ellen DeGeneres contacted the Academy about having him reinstated, and yes I am very aware how silly it is to use a serious word like "reinstated" for something as not-reinstatement-worthy as hosting the Oscars.
"I say I'm done with it," Hart told Michael Strahan when asked about the blowback he's received in recent weeks related to his past homophobic tweets and his subsequently criticized apologies. "It gets no more energy from me. That's why I said for the last time, I am addressing this. There's no more conversation about it. I'm literally, I'm over that. I'm over the moment and I'm about today, so if it's accepted, great. If it's not, then it's nothing I can control."
As for how he's evolved since the resurfaced tweets in question, Hart said he's also done explaining that. "Why do you have to prove that you are a loving individual?" he said.
Asked point blank if he would return to the Oscars hosting for this year's broadcast, Hart said definitively he would not. "No, I'm not hosting the Oscars this year," he said, noting that future opportunities are "hard to predict." See the full interview below.
Earlier this week, Hart suggested that his comments on SiriusXM would be his final time addressing this matter. As for who is now expected to host the Feb. 24 ceremony, there's no clear answer just yet.