During his arraignment hearing Thursday in Chicago, R. Kelly pleaded not guilty to the 11 sex abuse-related felonies filed by the Cook County State’s Attorney Office last week

The charges include two counts of criminal sexual assault by force, two counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, and three counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse of a minor between 13 and 16-years-old. Prosecutors have also brought four counts of aggravated criminal sexual assault against Kelly, which have a sentence of up to 30 years in prison. 

The new charges pertain to Kelly's alleged abuse of Jerhonda Pace in 2010. Pace, who was a minor at the time of the alleged assault, is one of the accusers who detailed the abuse she suffered in the Lifetime docuseries Surviving R. Kelly. 

Steve Greenberg, the singer's attorney, has adamantly spoken to his client's innocence since the trial began earlier this year. He reiterated that same stance during a press conference that followed Thursday's hearing. "We pled not guilty to all of the charges because he's not guilty,” Greenberg said. “I think he's feeling positive. It's tough. Everything is against him."

The judge reportedly told the singer that his $1 million bond was "sufficient," and did not change the mandated amount. However, he then reminded Kelly that he is expected to appear before the court on June 26, and reiterated that he is required to attend "every court date." 

In February, the singer was charged with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, involving four women, three of whom were between 13-16 at the time of the alleged assaults. The 11 new charges Kelly is facing supersede the initial indictment, as they are more "more serious" than those introduced earlier this year, per NPRThe outlet also notes that although the new set of charges involve one victim, whereas the February indictment involved four, the crimes Kelly allegedly committed against all the victims will "continue to stand."