It appears Juelz Santana has been granted an extra month of freedom.

According to legal documents obtained by The Blast, the 36-year-old Dipset rapper had requested to delay his surrender date so he could film a Tyler Perry reunion in Atlanta next month. Santana petitioned for the extension claiming the project was "crucial to his professional career" and it would "provide closure for him as he embarks on his term of imprisonment." 

Santana's request was reportedly granted. The Blast says a New Jersey federal judge pushed the rapper's surrender date from this Wednesday, Jan. 30 to Feb. 28. As part of the extension, Santana will be permitted to travel to Perry's Atlanta studio in mid-February. 

The sentence stems from a March 2018 incident at Newark Liberty International Airport. Shortly before Santana's flight, TSA agents discovered a loaded handgun as well as Oxycodone pills in a carry-on bag that contained Santana's identification. The rapper fled the scene and remained at large for multiple days before turning himself into authorities.

"I'm not a bad guy," he said ahead of his arraignment back in May 2018. "Family man, just praying for the best outcome, you know what I mean? Put it in God's hands at the end of the day."

Santana was sentenced to 27 months in prison for the weapons charges. Following his release, the rapper will reportedly be under supervised release for one year.

Earlier this month, Santana tied the knot with his longtime girlfriend Kimbella. 

Also Watch