Playboi Carti has unleashed another mosher.
"Ciggy Said Light," the pleasingly titled new song from Jack Bruno, includes a dash of Carti over some complementary Hit-Boy production.
"Last time I saw Playboi Carti was at a Louis Vuitton after-party in Paris," Bruno told Complex. "Every time I see him we always end up talking about fashion, girls, parties, shit like that. So when we linked up at Hit-Boy's place in LA, it was super natural. The beat was nearly done, I had the hook already, and I kind of just took our conversations and made that the song. That's always the best when the song writes itself. You just gotta make sure your verse is hard 'cause whatever Carti says is gonna sound dope as fuck." That is very true.
Stream "Ciggy Said Light" below via SoundCloud:
Bruno is currently on the road as part of Juice WRLD's WRLD DOMINATION Tour alongside Reggie Mills. The tour hits Norfolk, Virginia Thursday night before moving on to New York, Detroit, Cleveland, and more. See a full list of Bruno-featuring dates below:
- 8/2 – Norfolk, VA @ NorVa
- 8/3 – Richmond, VA @ National
- 8/4 – New York, NY @ Knockdown Center
- 8/5 – Washington, DC @ Echostage
- 8/9 – Detroit, MI @ Royal Oak Music Theatre
- 8/10 – Grand Rapids, MI @ Orbit Room
- 8/11 – Bonner Springs, KS @ Providence Medical Center Amphitheater
- 8/12 – Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
- 8/14 – Milwaukee, WI @ Riverside Theatre
- 8/16 – Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- 8/17 – Salt Lake City, UT @ Complex
- 9/1 – Philadelphia, PA @ Made in America
- 9/13 – Wallingford, CT @ Oakdale Theatre
- 9/14 – Providence, RI @ Strand Ballroom
Bruno's debut, a double-disc affair titled Manifesting a Pop Star, will be out soon. Hopefully, the collection will include more shout-outs to The Cure a la "2 Goth Kids."