Big Sean took to Twitter Thursday to announce the impending release of new music. Although nobody was quite sure what to expect, it ended up being a new single "Moves." He also announced that his fourth album I Decided will be dropping on February 3.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Sean revealed the project is a concept album which he described as a 'second chance' at life. “I [told my friend], ‘Sometimes I feel like I was an old man and didn’t succeed in life and asked for a second chance, and this is my second chance,'" Sean said. "He was like, ‘Make that the album.’ People who can be inspired by it, that’s who I’m doing it for. Everybody else can f*ck off or whatever.”
Sean's been on a roll recently. He dropped the singles "Bounce Back" and "No More Interviews" back in late October, and recently followed those up with the final version of his previously-leaked song "Living Single" with Chance the Rapper and Jeremih. "No More Interviews" managed to set the internet ablaze with speculation as Sean addressed buzz-worthy topics like his status with former G.O.O.D. Music member Kid Cudi as well as his feelings about his celebrity ex-girlfriends Ariana Grande and Naya Rivera.
He also announced that another album from his Jhené Aiko collaborative project Twenty88 would be on its way sometime in 2017. Sean even hopped on Yo Gotti's recent single "Castro" alongside Kanye West, 2 Chainz, and Quavo.
Sean put out his third album Dark Sky Paradise in February of 2015, and followed that up with the Twenty88 project this April. With "Bounce Back" hitting the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 and a new album on the way, Sean is clearly gearing up for a big 2017.