Put that rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather on hold for now. According to Dennis Gasgonia of ABS-CBN News, Pacquiao revealed that he plans to fight Adrien Broner in January. "Floyd is going to fight on December 31 and I'm going to fight January 12," Pacquiao said. "After that, we'll know. ... He's coming back, we'll discuss it after Broner." Despite a deal not being finalized yet, Pac-Man is "90 percent sure" that his next bout will take place on either January 12th or 19th. 

Pacquiao's announcement of a bout with Broner comes after all signs over the last few months appeared to point towards a rematch with Mayweather. Back in July, Pac-Man left the decision up to Floyd in an interview with ESPN 5. "Mayweather? If he decides to go back to boxing then that is the time we are going to call the shots," he said. "I have the belt, so it’s up to him. If he wants to come back in boxing, let’s do a second one."

Earlier this month, Pacquiao claimed that when he spoke to Mayweather about a rematch, he was "deadly serious" about making it happen. However, Pac was still keeping his options open in the meantime, expressing a desire to get in the ring with either Amir Khan or Vasyl Lomachenko. No talk of Broner at the time. 

Pacquiao's last fight was against Lucas Matthysse in July, which ended with a victory in the seventh round via TKO, improving his record to 60–7–2.