Earlier this month, Conor McGregor pummeled Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 to become the first UFC fighter to hold titles from two different weight classes at the same time. Since then, however, the conversation about McGregor has revolved around what he plans on doing next, as the Irishman has publicly weighed his options.
According to UFC president Dana White, McGregor is not expected back in the Octagon until at least May 2017, as he takes some time off for the birth of his first child. McGregor himself has also said that he won't fight for the UFC again until he's given a stake in the company. In addition to those developments related to his current sport, McGregor also asked for $100 million to cross into boxing and fight Floyd Mayweather, and as if that wasn't enough, Triple H—who watched McGregor fight at UFC 205—said that McGregor has "the personality, the skills, the talk," to make it in the WWE. So he could the pro wrestling route if he wants—and he could probably make a lot of money to do it.
Is WWE really an option, though? McGregor's agent Audie Attar addressed the idea of McGregor wrestling on Tuesday and told ESPN's 5ive Rounds podcast that McGregor would consider coming to the WWE as long as he gets enough money to do it. "I think it's all about business, man," Attar said. "If [WWE] is going to come with an offer, we are willing to entertain it. We are here. Have their people call his people—which is me. We can have a conversation."
Attar added that, while McGregor hasn't directly spoken to Triple H or anyone else at the WWE, it can be viewed as nothing but a positive that the WWE star was in attendance at UFC 205. "I think it's phenomenal that a guy like Triple H was at the fights," Attar said. "I heard he said some positive things, which is always good to hear."
McGregor previously made several comments that would lend themselves to a feud with any number of the WWE's stable of wrestlers. He called WWE wrestlers "messed up pussies," referred to John Cena as "a big fat, 40-year-old failed Mr. Olympia motherfucker," and told his Twitter followers that he'd "slap the head off" the WWE's entire roster.
Attar addressed those comments as well on Tuesday. "It's ultimately like, look—I think Conor had his say via social media at times, but he also is someone that appreciates people that sacrifice and train and are dedicated to their craft, whatever it may be," he said.
And finally, Attar revealed what it would take to get McGregor into the ring for the WWE. "Again, I think ultimately Conor will say, 'Let me talk to my friend Benjamin [Franklin] to see how many of his friends he's bringing with him before we talk about what the obligations are,'" he said.
Your move, Vince McMahon.