A comedian who just under a year ago admitted to sexual misconduct is still attempting some sort of a comeback.

Monday night, as detailed in a New York Times report, marked the first time New York's Comedy Cellar had publicly advertised that Louis C.K. would be taking the stage since he returned to stand-up. As previously reported, C.K. first returned to the stage without prior announcement back in August and subsequently performed several more sets using the same strategy.

"Every female comedian he has harmed deserves a place on the Comedy Cellar stage one hundred times before he should be allowed back on the stage," Jennifer Boudinot, who protested Monday night's sold out show outside the club, told the Times. Boudinot and another protester, Lana McCrea, were among those who urged attendees to walk out during C.K.'s performance. According to reports, C.K. was ultimately met with a mostly receptive crowd, though "a handful" did exit during his set.

As for the material, C.K. once again made only brief mentions of his admitted sexual misconduct. "So what kind of year have you guys had?" he asked the crowd at one point. "They tell you that when you get in trouble you find out who your real friends are. It's black people, it turns out. They'll stick by you." C.K. also hit the audience with some self-pity, claiming he went to hell and it's "not that bad."

The topic of C.K.'s attempted comeback came up during a recent interview with Jerry Seinfeld, who had the Louie creator on his Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee series prior to the sexual misconduct admission. "We, the court of public opinion, decided if he's going to come back, he'd better show a lot of pain," he said. "Because he denied them that."