UPDATED 3/3/23 11:36 a.m. ET: Legal action may ensue in connection with a man who says Travis Scott grabbed and tossed his phone. News of the alleged toss, which TMZ reports occurred at the same club where the (also alleged) sound engineer-punching incident took place, arrived alongside a short video clip on Friday.
According to the person whose phone was allegedly thrown by Scott, the club attempted to make things right by offering them a free bottle. The individual, however, declined this offer and is instead said to be planning to file a lawsuit against Scott.
UPDATED 3/2/23 5:45 p.m. ET: Travis Scott’s rep called the allegations against the rapper “a complete and total joke” in a statement provided to Complex. “As anyone with common sense can see, the video that shows Travis DJ’ing in Nebula proves that the incident was nothing. All it shows that Travis’s performance was disrupted by someone aggressively in his personal space.”
Meanwhile, Mitchell Schuster, who is Scott’s attorney, noted that there have been no charges filed against Scott. Schuster continued, “Legal counsel for Travis are actively working with the authorities and remain confident that Travis will be vindicated once all is said and done. Any statements about the incident involving Travis are clearly an attempt to sensationalize what is nothing more than a misunderstanding.”
According to CBS New York, Scott will speak with the NYPD about the alleged incident next week.
See original story below.
More alleged details have been made public regarding accusations against Travis Scott in connection with an incident at a New York City nightclub this week.
As previously reported by TMZ, Scott was named as a suspect in an investigation into an alleged punching incident after the artist was accused of hitting someone at the Nebula club on Wednesday. Scott was also alleged to have damaged property.
In a statement released by Scott’s lawyer not long after the initial news broke, “clickbait and misinformation” were pointed to as key factors in this story.
“While this is clearly a misunderstanding being blown out of proportion by clickbait and misinformation, we are actively working with the venue and law enforcement to resolve and set the record straight,” Scott’s lawyer, Mitchell Schuster, said on Wednesday. “We are confident our client will be cleared of any wrongdoing.”
A managing partner at Club Nebula issued a similarly worded statement, arguing this had all been “blown completely out of proportion.”
The man who alleges he was punched, a sound engineer identified only by his first name (Mark), spoke with KTTV after the alleged incident. He claimed that Scott had the volume up high enough to distort the venue’s sound system, at which point he says he tried to “tell him to lower it so it sounded good.” As Mark alleges, this initially spurred a middle finger response.
“I was trying to tell him to lower it so it sounded good for the performance but he just stuck his middle finger in my face,” the man alleged in the interview, which he gave from a hospital bed. “So I lowered the monitor a little bit so I could talk to him and that’s when he ran around the speaker and attacked me.”
The man also alleged that his neck is “fucked up” and that one of his arms is “tingling” following the alleged incident.
Complex has reached out to Scott’s lawyer for additional comment. This story may be updated. At this time, Scott himself has not publicly addressed any of this.