"In light of Aaron's increasingly alarming behavior and his recent confession that he harbors thoughts and intentions of killing my pregnant wife and unborn child, we were left with no choice but to take every measure possible to protect ourselves and our family," Nick wrote on social media, along with the hashtags #mentalhealth, #GunControlNow and #GunControl. "We love our brother and truly hope he gets the proper treatment he needs before any harm comes to himself or anyone else."
According to legal documents obtained by TMZ, the restraining order requires Aaron to stay at least 100 feet away from Nick and "other family members, specifically their residence in Las Vegas."
Aaron confirmed the restraining order via Twitter on Tuesday, stating he and Nick were "done for life."
Aaron denied the allegations he ever threatened Nick's pregnant wife, Lauren Kitt. He also claimed it was he who has been bullied and abused by Nick for years. Aaron attempted to support his claims with a clip from the House of Carters reality show, which aired in 2006.
News of the restraining order arrives a week after Aaron appeared on The Doctors to discuss his struggles with mental health. The 31-year-old claimed he had been diagnosed with multiple personality disorder, schizophrenia, acute anxiety, and depression.
On Monday, Aaron informed fans he was canceling his remaining 2019 tour dates to focus on his health and family issues; however he has since said that his words were "misconstrued," and that his "confirmed shows" would still take place.
Aaron recently told TMZ that his family attempted to place him on a psychiatric hold amid concerns over his mental health and growing gun collection. The singer claimed he was stable enough to own the firearms, which he has showed on social media, and insisted he needed them to protect himself as well as his "assets."