The outlet spoke with Carter on Thursday, following rumors earlier this week that HBO had pulled Leaving Neverland from its programming. HBO denied the reports.
When asked if the documentary should be removed, Carter said, “To be honest, after seeing everyone’s story unfold, I was a little aggressive when I talked about it at first. I mean, everyone has their own stories and everyone has their own situations so I can’t really take away from that.” He continued, “In regards to that situation, I actually have my own experience that happened with Michael, so I’mma be talking about that in the future.”
Carter wouldn’t reveal what that experience involved, telling TMZ he’s writing a book about his “whole life” and believes “it’s appropriate to put my story about my experience with Michael,” adding, “I’ll always have his back though.”
Carter told TMZ last month that he strongly supported Jackson and that nothing had happened between him and the singer. He also condemned Jackson’s accusers, calling them liars.
Earlier this week, it was rumored that HBO had removed the two-part documentary series, which detailed the sexual abuse allegations against Jackson. A number of outlets reported that the doc was initially scheduled to air throughout the spring and summer months; however, many pointed out that HBO's official website had only one TV listing for the documentary, leading many to falsely believe HBO had pulled the plug.