The great thing about denim is that unless you're still rockin' Evisu, Ice Cream or any other brand that splashes their logo on the ass-pocket, it's tough to tell the difference between a $50 pair and a $150 pair.
That being said, there is a difference, and especially now that times are tough, you should make sure you're picking out a pair that suits you best. Rather than send yourself into a frenzy the next time you're browsing the endless walls of washes and fits, relax and take notes from this guide on how to shop, clean and style your jeans.
HOW TO SHOP FOR DENIM
• Use Your Hand: If you have a pair of jeans that drops perfectly on your sneakers, put your hand inside the leg and stretch out your fingers to the check the width. Now you can quickly measure the width of new jeans.
• Use Your Neck: It has been said that the size of your neck is half the size of your waist line. If you're pressed for time and hate waiting in line to change in the dressing rooms, take the waistline of your jeans and wrap them around your neck.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR DENIM
• Turn Your Jeans Inside Out - Unless you want more fading, always turn your jeans inside-out when washing them.
• Hang Dry - Hang drying jeans keeps their shape and allows them to take a natural aging process.
HOW TO STYLE YOUR DENIM
• Hem It Up: Launder your jeans before taking them up. Also have the original hem reattached.
• Wallet Watch: Slim down your bulky wallet so you don't wear down a square in your back pocket. Invest in a money clip or a paper-thin card wallet.
CHECK OUT SOME COMPLEX PICKS FOR A SOLID PAIR OF JEANS
Rock & Republic Floyd Relaxed Boot $224