Blac Chyna became emotional during her $100 million trial against the Kardashian-Jenner family.
The 33-year-old media figure returned to the witness stand Thursday to address her 2017 nude photos leak, which she blamed on Rob Kardashian. The family’s attorney Michael Rhodes cross-examined Chyna in her second full day of testimony, and questioned why she appeared on Good Morning America just a day after she filed revenge porn restraining order against her ex-fiancé.
“Did you publicly announce you were coming to court to file a restraining order?” Rhodes asked. “Was the press release done with your approval? … Did you not go on GMA the next day?”
Chyna—legal name Angela Renée White—broke down in tears, insisting the GMA appearance and restraining order were not a publicity stunt.
“It was the only way I could stop him from posting pictures of me on the internet,” she said on the stand, as reported by TMZ. “I was already public. I’m supposed to just not say anything and take it? I wanted everyone to hear my side of the story. He posted nudes of my entire body.”
Rhodes then brought up a 2017 press conference Chyna conducted with her former attorney Lisa Bloom and questioned the D.C. native on whether she did the event to gain publicity.
“Yes, I wanted everyone to hear my side of the story,” she replied, according to Page Six. “So yes, I did.”
Rob Kardashian is accused of posting explicit photos of Chyna on his Instagram in summer 2017, and reposting the images after they were removed by the platform.
“This is from Chyna yesterday to me,” the caption read. “I never been so disrespected in my life. I just bought her 250K of jewelry yesterday. This woman is so disrespectful and I don’t care.”
The photos were not shown to the jury, but were placed in a binder that was provided to Chyna. According to TMZ, the plaintiff looked at the images during the trial, and became so distraught she asked the court for a quick break.
Chyna first took the stand in Los Angeles court on Wednesday, and was pressed about her alleged abuse of Rob Kardashian, with whom she shares a 5-year-old daughter. The defense attorney specifically mentioned a December 2016 incident in which Chyna allegedly pointed a gun at Rob Kardashian. She told the jury she never put her finger on the trigger, and downplayed her action as just a joke.
“It was not loaded,” she said on the stand Wednesday, per Page Six. “I would never shoot Rob or anyone at that. It was just joking, like, ‘HA, HA!’”
Chyna also claimed she was “joking” when she wrapped an iPhone cord around Rob Kardashian’s neck. She told the court her ex-fiancé had been distracted by a video game, so she used the cord to “get his attention [...] not to strangle him.”
Chyna is suing the Kardashian-Jenner family for more than $40 million in loss of earning damages and more than $60 million in loss of future economic damages. The defamation lawsuit is centered on Chyna’s claim the family had conspired with TV executives to pull the plug on Rob & Chyna, her short-lived reality series that was canceled after one season.