The Samsung Galaxy S III Might Explode On You

Blowin' up in all the wrong ways.


The Samsung Galaxy S III, the company's flagship phone, might have an overheating problem. An Irish man recently bought the device and according to him, it sparked, caught fire, and audibly exploded while plugged into his car charger. Normally, we’d call duck tales on this sort of thing, but then he provided photo proof on a message board, showing the charred edge of the device, near the microUSB port. 

To its credit, the manufacturer acknowledged the problem in a statement, writing, “Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question.”

[via The Verge]

Latest in Pop Culture