More Xbox 720 "Durango" leaks are pouring in from all sides, including this detailed diagram supposedly showing the next Microsoft console's full specs. The diagram comes from vgleaks.com, who reported that the next-gen Xbox will sport 8GB of DDR3 RAM and, of all things, a Blu-ray drive.
This diagram is far from official, but it could certainly provide some hints about what Microsoft's got planned. Or it could be completely fabricated. Either way, do you think Microsoft will really embrace the technology championed by Sony's PS3? What about the system's other specs—a eight-core CPU?
Here's the full specs as listed by VGLeaks:
- x64 Architecture
- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock
- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
- High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present
Storage and Memory:
- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
- Hard drive is always present
- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
- Move engines
- Image, video, and audio codecs
- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing
Feel free to chime in.