When GZA's not lecturing at Harvard and meeting with MIT scientists, he's working in the studio on a project influenced by those experiences. Consequence of Sound reports that the Wu-Tang Clan rapper will release a new album, Dark Matter, that's influenced by his love for quantum physics and astronomy. It's not clear when we'll hear the project, but you can see what he had to say about it below:
In addition to this news, GZA has revealed some upcoming tour and lecture dates. Check 'em out.
- 03.17 Austin: South by Southwest (Babygrande Records’ showcase) ^
- 03.21 Cambridge, MA: MIT Civic Media Lab *
- 03.25 New York, NY: Clive Davis Institute (NYU EMP Pop Conference) *
- 04.07 Ithaca, NY: Cornell University *
- 04.18 Brooklyn, NY: Williamsburg Music Hall #
- 04.19 Philadelphia, PA: Trocadero #
- 04.20 Washington, D.C.: Howard Theater #
^ with Grupo Fantasma
* Lecture date
# with Bad Brains
Update: GZA is also launching his new website at SXSW that will feature an interactive MC battle entitled Duel of the Iron Mic, which is obviously named after the classic track off his legendary Liquid Swords release.