UPDATED 12/27, 7:10 p.m. ET: Dame Dash has shared an eight-and-a-half-minute video in which he and Monique Bunn are arguing about devices she was allegedly trying to take from his home. The footage, captured by Dash's fiancée Raquel Horn, shows Dash accusing Bunn of attempting to rob him as he questions her about $5,000 worth of property he claims to have purchased. The items included a phone and iPad.
"Did I ever say you could take it home? Did you even tell me you bought it?" he asked Bunn in the video, before referencing the hard drives and equipment Bunn mentions in the lawsuit. "... So that's the reason I'm not helping you do nothing. I'll box your shit up, and I'll send it to you. I don't trust you and I want you out of my house."
Bunn denied robbing Dash.
The video ends with a message stating Bunn's equipment has yet to be shipped to her because she never provided a mailing address.
"This is what setting up a black man looks like live. First they come into your house then they try to rob you...when they get caught, they try to make a good guy look like a bad guy, then try to extort you," Dash said in a statement. "#chrisbrownthelawyer is clearly the ring leader of this conspiracy...this is his third lawsuit he has personally filed against me in a year...from what I hear the FBI should be doing their job. Stay tuned. This is what really happened ... keep trying, I’m on point at all times."
Horn issued the following statement, as well.
"Well I’ve officially been wrapped up in the 3rd #chrisbrownthelawyer Conspiracy Here is the truth...I felt very violated by this woman who I let stay in my house, cook with me in my kitchen, and eat at my table. And now this?" she said.
See the original story below.
UPDATED 12/27, 10:45 a.m. ET: Dame Dash has responded to the $50 million lawsuit filed against him by an alleged sexual assault victim. In a post on his Instagram account, Dash shared a video from his 50-minute deposition related to the lawsuit filed against him by Dear Frank director Josh Webber. The clip sees him call attorney Chris Brown, who is also the lawyer representing alleged victim Monique Bunn, a "culture vulture," among other insults.
"He is now trying to start the black Harvey Weinstein me too movement against me and he is representing another lawsuit with another allegation," Dash wrote on Instagram. "#ChrisBrownTheLaywer I'm gonna deal with this on a beach in Hawaii... I will not be extorted... Check your mans collar at the end wait for it... More depositions with #ChrisBrownTheLayer coming soon!"
The clip ends with a photo of Brown, whom Dash said would "sell out our whole culture for a dollar." Dash didn't directly address the allegations leveled against him, however, choosing to focus his attention on insulting Brown.
See original story below.
According to The Blast, photographer Monique Bunn has filed a $50 million lawsuit against Dame Dash, his fiancée, Raquel Horn, as well as his companies Damon Dash Studios and Poppington LLC. The lawsuit was filed by attorney Chris Brown and details the alleged incident in question.
Based on the suit, the two had an established working relationship and Dash contracted Bunn to shoot material for his companies in April. She flew to Los Angeles to meet with Dash and Horn; when she arrived she immediately started shooting for them. Following the shoot, Dash told her that she could stay at his residence and sleep in his daughter's room. It was at his home where Bunn claims Dash sexually assaulted her while she was asleep.
"While Bunn was at the Dash residence on April 18, 2019, in the late evening, Dash sexually assaulted Bunn," the lawsuit reads, per The Blast. "While Bunn was sleeping, Dash approached Bunn and placed his hand on Bunn’s breasts and placed hands/fingers on Bunn’s buttocks. Dash did not have the permission or consent to touch Bunn’s sexual organs. Dash was wearing a robe and had no underwear on. Dash had been drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana all day."
The alleged groping woke Bunn out of her sleep. She recalls being "angry and frustrated by Dash’s offensive and unwanted touching." Although she stayed at the residence after the incident, Bunn claims that she did not sleep that evening. Bunn also claims that Dash attempted to keep her quiet by telling her that he had a deal with WE tv to shoot a docuseries on her, which was not true.
"The reality of the situation is that Dash did not have a deal with WETV associated with Bunn and only wanted to keep Bunn silent about the events of April 18, 2019."
Bunn also says Dash and Horn are refusing to return her personal photography equipment and hard drives. The drives contain "over twenty (20) years of hip-hop culture photography and other items."
"The Defendants have stolen photographs of Mary J. Blige, Sean 'Diddy' Combs, Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, Mase, Quincy Jones, Teddy Riley, Lil Kim, The Fugees, Missy Elliot, Xscape, Lenny Kravitz, Lyor Cohen, Russell Simmons, Lauren Hill, KRS One, Outkast, LL Cool J, Q-Tip, The Beatles and President George Bush (during his military career) and many others," the lawsuit reads.
Bunn is seeking $50 million in damages along with the return of her property.