6ix9ine Admitted to Years of Domestic Violence in Cooperation Agreement
At a court hearing on Tuesday, it was revealed that Tekashi 6ix9ine admitted to seven years' worth of domestic violence in his cooperation agreement.
While 6ix9ine is preparing to testify in next week's racketeering trial of two alleged members of the Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods gang, a final pre-trial hearing on Tuesday at Thurgood Marshall Courthouse in Manhattan revealed a shocking detail: the rapper admitted to years of domestic violence.
A section of 6ix9ine's cooperation agreement with the government, which has not previously been made public, listed a number of crimes that he committed, and for which the government agreed not to prosecute him. On the list, explained Judge Paul Engelmayer, was that 6ix9ine "admits domestic violence from 2011 to November, 2018."
No details were specified in the hearing and, per the judge's earlier ruling, any accusations of domestic violence against 6ix9ine will not be permitted to be brought up when he testifies. The government said at the hearing that it is likely the rapper will take the stand on Tuesday, September 17, though the exact date depends on how long the jury selection process takes and other factors.
Accusations of domestic violence against 6ix9ine first came to light early this year, including a detailed Daily Beast article that featured testimony from the rapper's ex-girlfriend (and the mother of his daughter), Sara Molina, that he beat her over a period of seven years—a timeline that corresponds to 6ix9ine's own admission, though no names of victims were mentioned in court.
Molina told the Daily Beast about numerous incidents of abuse, including one beating in Dubai that left her face so swollen that she says, "I could barely open my eyes."