Michael Boatwright, one of four people indicted in July 2018 on first degree murder charges in the death of XXXTentacion, is reportedly planning to depose the person alleged to have recorded footage of the artist after he was shot.

Court documents cited in a report from The Blast, Tuesday reportedly show that Boatwright has notified the court of his intention to depose Scott Barbieux in September, with any resulting testimony expected to be used as part of his defense campaign.

The footage, widely condemned by fans and others, went viral following XXXTentacion's murder outside Riva Motorsports in Deerfield Beach, Florida last June.

Back in September, court documents obtained by Complex showed that Boatwright's defense team had alleged prosecutors were violating his 14th Amendment rights to due process by withholding information that would assist in his case. An attorney said at the time that the State had "provided no information whatsoever" aside from what they considered a "broadly worded indictment."

Earlier this month, the posthumous XXXTentacion single "Royalty" was released. The song will appear on a deluxe reissue of his ? album, out Friday. This month also saw the release of a Travis Barker remix of the X-featuring Lil Peep single "Falling Down."

In an interview with The Fader, Barker was asked if he had any "issues associating your name with [X] at this point in time," marking a reference to the abuse allegations against the late artist.

"I've had this same conversation with Kanye West, he's like, 'What does it matter about what he did in his personal life? We didn't grow up and make decisions together, we made music together,'" Barker said ."And that's pretty much the extent of it."