Juelz Santana is allowed to tour while facing weapons charges, but only if he wears an electronic ankle bracelet and his mom chaperones.

On Friday, a federal judge altered Santana’s bail conditions so that he’s permitted to perform at the first five shows of his forthcoming 15-city U.S. tour. Additional modifications require that he drives instead of flies between cities, and that he and his mom don’t travel with other members from the tour.

U.S. District Judge Michael Hammer said that Santana will visit court again next month to discuss “how things went,” and if he’s allowed to play additional shows, according to Page Six.

“I view it as a reasonable and productive exercise of his time to work and provide for his family,” Hammer said. Prosecutors argued against changing bail conditions.

On March 9, Newark airport security discovered a loaded .38-caliber handgun and non-prescribed oxycodone pills in carry-on luggage that also held Santana’s ID. He pleaded not guilty to charges of a possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, as well as carrying a weapon onto an airplane. He’s looking at up to 20 years in prison, and has currently been freed on $500,000 bail and living with his mother and brother.

“I just want to say thank you to the judge,” he told the judge, per Page Six.

The shows the judge has permitted him to play are in Hampton, New Hampshire; Norfolk, Virginia; Baltimore, Maryland; and Charlotte and Greensboro, North Carolina.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Desiree Latzer opposed the judge’s decision, saying, “It’s a very long leash.”

According to Latzer, Santana had been on his way to a show when he had been apprehended, and now, while on tour, he could effortlessly have a gun with him in a car. She also added that the tour’s other performers have prior weapons arrests, and that while the ankle bracelet can keep track of where Santana is, it won’t show what he’s doing.

Santana asked to return to his home in Totowa, New Jersey with his girlfriend and children, but due to previous domestic violence issues, Hammer postponed his ruling. In 2011, Santana had pleaded guilty to making a terroristic threat to commit a crime of violence following an incident where he was also charged with violating a restraining order.

A trial date is pending.