Lil Uzi Vert is being sued over the cancelation of a 2017 concert.
According to TMZ, the 23-year-old rapper has been added as a defendant in a lawsuit originally filed against Rick Ross. Court documents state Uzi and the MMG boss were scheduled to perform June 10 of last year at Wild Things Park in Washington, Pennsylvania; however, the entertainment company behind the event claims both artists canceled their appearances less than two days before the gig.
According to the suit, Ross told event organizers he had to back out of the show due to family and health-related issues. The main problem with that, however, is the rapper was paid $150,000 upfront and has allegedly failed to refund the whole amount. Furthermore, the rappers’ contracts allegedly stated that they could not cancel the gig once the deal was signed and tickets went on sale. Ross’ representatives later told TMZ he had only received an advance of $40,000 and “the contract always allowed for him to reschedule if he couldn't perform due to illness.” Ross' team also claim they offered to push the gig back to August, but it appears the bridge had already been burned.
Uzi and Ross are now being sued for $200,000 in deposit money, as well as costs that resulted from the last-minute cancelation. Representatives for the rappers have not responded to requests for comment.