A lingering personal grudge reportedly led to Chinx’s 2015 murder.

Just one day after two men were arrested in connection with the fatal shooting of the Far Rockaway rapper, NYPD officials have shared more details about the suspects’ potential motives. Lt. Richard Rudolph, Commanding Officer of the Queens South Homicide Squad, spoke to XXL exclusively, revealing the alleged killers had a six-year beef with Chinx that began while he was serving time behind bars.

Investigators are convinced Quincy Homere and Jamar Hill wanted to kill the Coke Boys artist because of an alleged altercation that occurred at Rikers Island. Homere—an aspiring rapper who went by the stage name Qwality—reportedly fought Chinx on Sept. 27, 2009.

“We're not exactly sure what the fight was about, but our perpetrator Quincy probably got the worst of it and he wanted to get back at Chinx,” Rudolph told XXL. “When he saw Chinx's career starting to blow, he took it real personal and figured that his [own] career was going south... It just festered inside of him.”

Hostility intensified in April of 2015, after Homere and Chinx got into a verbal altercation at the latter’s concert in Philadelphia. French Montana, Uncle Murda, and Neef Buck were also in the building, and reportedly “blacklisted” Homere. “Quincy's steaming since that concert... I think that's when he started to feel a fire inside of him to take his revenge out on Chinx,” Rudolph said.

Several weeks later, Homere and Hill followed Chinx after his performance at Red Wolf Lounge in Brooklyn. Once Chinx’s Porsche pulled up to a red light at around 4 a.m., Homere allegedly fired a 9-mm handgun into the vehicle, fatally shooting Chinx and wounding Coke Boys affiliate Yemen Chee$e.

Rudolph explained that although Hill didn’t fire any shots, he was a participated in the plan “to kill this kid.” Homere and Hill, both from Long Island, have each been charged with second-degree murder, second-degree attempted murder, first-degree assault, and second-degree criminal possession of a weapon. If convicted, they each face 25 years to life in prison.

“There was nothing about this investigation that was easy,” Rudolph said. “We chased literally hundreds of investigated leads and hit a lot of brick walls. But the guys just kept on digging. I take pride in my people, the job that they did, that they never quit, they never gave up when most detectives would've walked away from the case.”

Rudolph also debunked the speculation that Chinx's murder was related to the 2007 fatal shooting of Stack Bundles.