One of London's most famous and iconic nightclubs, fabric, has announced that it's closing their doors this weekend to help the police investigate the deaths of two 18 year old men at the club in the past 9 weeks. A statement announcing the news was released on the nightclub's Facebook page earlier today:
"For the past 2 years fabric has operated without incident but tragically in the past 9 weeks two 18 year old boys have died as a consequence of drug overdoses.
In order to understand how this has happened we have agreed with the police and other agencies to suspend our operation whilst we investigate. The club will therefore be closed this weekend.
We will make a further statement next week but in the meantime for anyone who has purchased a ticket for the club this weekend, we have instructed Resident Advisor to refund all ticket purchases."
At the end of 2014, fabric agreed to new drug-related rules from the council in order to stay open. The new, stricter conditions included compulsory searches for anyone coming in to the club and for everyone to go through a metal detector or be scanned by a search wand.
If you've bought tickets or need information, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org