Jay Z's music streaming service, Tidal, got a ton of love on Twitter last night, but now Hov is ready to officially roll out the re-launch of the platform, and you can watch the press conference below:
A few details about the service are already known, but Hov is expected to go into detail about his new venture during the press conference and how he plans to shift the music industry via the streaming site. Follow along and stay tuned for more details as they become available below:
#TIDALforALL http://t.co/nOIUneOd2p— Rihanna (@rihanna) March 30, 2015
- Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Jason Aldean, Jay Z, Kanye West, Chris Martin, J. Cole, Usher, Daft Punk, Calvin Harris, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Deadmau5, Beyoncé, Usher, Win Butler and Régine Chassagne, and Jack White have all been announced as co-owners of Tidal.
- Tidal has a partnership with Sprint, and will offer offline streaming, comparable to Spotify.
- Expertly curated playlists, high quality sound, high quality video have all been announced as specialty features.
- As per the site, "TIDAL has agreements with all major record companies, Universal, Warner and Sony, as well as many of the smaller independent companies."
- According to Billboard, "each artist was offered a 3 percent stake in the company in order to secure exclusives."
Tidal is "a platform owned by artists that will continue to evolve over time." http://t.co/9mgca1HaOC #TIDALforALL— Complex Music (@ComplexMusic) March 30, 2015
Tidal is the "first-ever artist-owned global music and entertainment platform." http://t.co/jDqlD4xapd #TIDALforALL— Complex Music (@ComplexMusic) March 30, 2015
"This is the beginning of the new world." - Kanye West http://t.co/7Wfb5hX8MT #TIDALforALL— Complex Music (@ComplexMusic) March 30, 2015