You may want to purchase some earplugs after this.

On Tuesday morning, a 41-year-old Missouri woman woke up with a bizarre sensation in her left ear. Susie Torres told KSHB that she heard a "swooshing" noise and assumed it was clogged water, so she went to a local clinic to have it checked out. After a medical assistant did a quick examination, she informed Torres that she had to get more people, as she believed the woman had a bug in her ear.

"She came back in and told me it was a spider," Torres told the outlet. "They had a few tools and worked their magic and got it out."

But it gets creepier. Torres was told that it wasn't just any spider; it was a highly venomous brown recluse spider, whose bite could result in itchiness, pain, irritation, sweating, nausea, and, in rare cases, death. 

Thankfully, the eight-legged creature didn't bite Torres as it was occupying her ear.

"I never thought they would crawl in your ear or any part of your body," said Torres, who is now taking extra precautions before bedtime. "I went and put some cotton balls in my ear last night, because I did not have any ear plugs, I’m pretty terrified of spiders."

We don't blame her.

Also Watch