K-Swiss is closing in on its 50th anniversary, and this most American of tennis brands has seen it all along the way. From the debut of the K-Swiss Classic at Wimbledon to the brand’s rise to cultural prominence over the past couple of decades, K-Swiss is synonymous with American style and innovation. Now the brand has decided that all of the invaluable knowledge gained from its journey to the top is too precious not to share. So, enter “The Board.” This is a group of 100 connected, hungry young creatives and entrepreneurs, eager to push boundaries in both style and business. K-Swiss is calling a Board meeting for 2015, in which all 100 members will gain exclusive access to a series of educational presentations and unique opportunities for exposure. The series will be led by someone who knows a thing or two about entrepreneurial efforts himself—multi-hyphenate success story Diplo.
The curriculum for this one-of-a-kind online meet-up will be delivered in six sessions:
- Session 1: Brand Positioning, led by Scott Sasso, founder of fashion label 10 Deep
- Session 2: Ideas with a Conscience, led by Tyler Gage and Dan MacCombie, co-founders of fair-trade certified beverage company Runa
- Session 3: Sneaker Design, led by designer Jeff Staple
- Session 4: Lookbook Shoot, led by Style.com fashion market director Rachel Wang
- Session 5: Social Media Best Practices, led by Josh Ostrovsky (aka @TheFatJewish)
- Session 6: Writing Your Business Plan, led by Sharmadean Reid, founder of nail brand WAH Nails
So who exactly sits on this Board and gets to receive all of the gems that will no doubt flow forth from these sessions? Well, at least to a certain extent, that is up to you. If you are a driven individual with a mind for business and culture, you can apply to be a member of the program. Just visit http://board.kswiss.com/ to apply. But don’t waste any time—the application period ends on April 30, 2015!