Some teams could use Antonio Brown's skill set even with the season past its midway mark. But it doesn't appear any franchise will take that risk this year.

Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Brown is not expected to make his return to the field this season. The perennial Pro Bowler is scheduled to meet with the NFL on Thursday to discuss the sexual assault allegations made against him. If he's placed on the commissioner's exempt list, then the team that signs him would have to pay AB's salary even if he wouldn't be allowed to participate in team activities. 

Insiders also claim that Brown is not fully cooperating with the investigation. The NFL has asked AB to hand over any evidence he has regarding the accusations, but he's yet to do sot. Once the NFL is able to make a decision, the league may give a punishment that could extend into next season.

Brown's agent Drew Rosenhaus refuted Schefter's report. In a statement, Rosenhaus claimed that his client will be cleared in the investigation.

"I'm confident Antonio will play again this season," Rosenhaus said. "I believe the NFL should clear him after they interview him this week and I expect he will be signed shortly after that."

Brown himself has seemed less open to returning. His most recent social media explosion came last week.

"Imagine conforming to a system giving it a 100 percent to see them treat me like this is unfairly," Brown said in a now-deleted tweet. "Making money off my sweat and blood Fuck the [NFL] I’ll never play in that shit treat black people the worse! Clear my name and go fuck your self."

Brown walked back his statement in another tweet, explaining that he was merely "frustrated" by the allegations and he's "determined" to play in the NFL again. 

Also Watch