Adrien Broner has a lot on his plate right now. He has a fight coming up against TMT boxer Ashley Theophane on Friday night. He also has a pretty serious legal charge that he's going to have to answer to sooner than later. According to documents obtained by TMZ Sports, Broner beat up a man outside of a bowling alley and threatened him with a gun after losing a series of bowling-related bets to him. It could lead to him doing some jail time.
Broner has also been beefing with his on-again, off-again friend Floyd Mayweather over the course of the last few weeks, and Mayweather just did an interview that pretty much guarantees that the relationship is probably beyond repair. After hearing some recent comments that Broner made about him—he ripped Mayweather during a five-minute video he recorded last week and called him “Hateweather” during interviews this week—Mayweather did an interview with Fight Hype yesterday and went in on him. You can listen to the entire interview in the clip above, and you can also check out some of the craziest quotes from his interview below:
- "Adrien Broner, his nickname is 'The Problem.' I think he has a lot of problems. Adrien Broner was just an alcoholic six months ago."
- "One thing I'm trying to find out about Adrien Broner: Is he a boxing promoter? Is he a rapper? Is he a porn star? Or is he a gangster?"
- "I'm still trying to find out what AB stands for. Always broke?"
- "He gave himself a 10-figure name: About Billions. We know he ain't never seen 8 figures or 9 figures. He's barely seen 7 figures. It could be safe to say that just one of my cars costs more than he made in his whole career." [Ed. note: This might actually be true.]
- "These small-time fighters think they're big because they got a couple necklaces, they run behind rap artists, a couple of videos go up on WorldStar. They made a couple dollars, and they think they made it to the big league."
- "I think the best name for him is not 'The Problem,' it's 'Snake.' The reason why is because of this: Say a snake is hurt and sick. You nurture that snake, you help that snake, you give that snake medicine, and you get that snake back to 100 percent. As soon as you turn your back, a snake will bite you."
- "Adrien Broner, like I said before, he's got a lot to learn. I'ma continue to say that. He has a lot to learn. Hopefully he's making smart investments."
This might all just be part of Broner and Mayweather’s plan to promote Saturday’s fight. But Mayweather could have done that by saying, like, 10 percent of what he said here. Ouch.
Send all complaints, compliments, and tips to email@example.com.
[via Fight Hype]