Copping limited Nikes just got a lot easier. In an ongoing effort to combat bots, it looks like Nike will be switching to in-store pickups for its most limited releases.
Starting at Nike Chicago this Thursday, Nike will implement a new raffle system that will allow customers to lock down their pairs ahead of time. To get your pair, you'll need to follow the participating store and wait for them to Tweet a link to the raffle entry page. From there, you sign in with a verified Nike+ account, select your size, and enter the raffle. In the rules, Nike makes continued mention of how it wants its product to end up "in the hands of real consumers," and a number of steps are outlined to ensure this including the Nike+ text verification.
Within 24 hours, winners are selected and emailed information about when and where to pick up their kicks. Speed isn't a factor in winning, so there's no rush to sign up which also makes things a little less stressful. Read the complete details and rules below from Nike:
How it works:
- Using one of our official NIKE store Twitter account, we will announce when/if launch products will be available via an online drawing.
- To participate in the drawing, you must sign in with your NIKE+ account, which will be authenticated through a text message which will be received through your mobile device. If you do not have a NIKE+ account, you can sign up for one here. You will then receive a text message to your mobile device. Currently, only devices offered through a U.S. mobile carrier will be supported. Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) will not be supported as we work to make sure our product lands in the hands of real consumers. Each NIKE+ account will only support one verified mobile number. All registration and verification must be completed in advance of the drawing event. Swoosh.com accounts are not eligible to participate.
- When the drawing is underway, you will select your desired shoe, size and NIKE store purchase location before the allocated time runs out. Styles, sizes, and purchase locations will vary based on product allocations. Entering for more than one shoe style does not impact your odds of being selected.
- Once the drawing is closed and all entries are received, NIKE will conduct a random selection and notify participants of their eligibility to purchase the launch product via email within 24 hours. All entries submitted in the drawing have an equal chance of being selected. Speed of entry is not a factor as long as you submit your entry before the drawing closes.
- Participants that are selected in the drawing will receive purchase details via email.
- At time of purchase, a valid photo ID (state issued, passport, military or school ID) with a first and last name matching the NIKE+ account entered in the drawing is required to purchase the reserved shoes at the location stated in the drawing. Participants will not be able to transfer their eligibility to others.
- All unclaimed products will not be available for purchase at another time.
- Abuse and/or policy violations within the system will result in cancelation or disqualification in future events.
We take feedback seriously at NIKE and are dedicated to piloting ways that helps get our products in the hands of real consumers.
A Nike+ account, valid email address, and mobile phone number are required.
Don’t have a Nike+ account? Create one for free here.
One entry per person per launch product.
NIKE reserves the right to cancel winning entries. See below for the terms.
Winning entries are valid only at the selected NIKE store during the specified timeframe on the launch date. A valid photo ID is required to purchase.
You must be able to purchase in person at the selected NIKE store on launch day during the timeframe specified in the confirmation email. Valid photo ID is required(state issued, passport, military or school ID) with a first and last name that matches the first and last name tied to your Nike+ account. You may also be required to answer additional security questions to prove your identity. No proxies or transfers will be allowed and phone requests or adjustments will not be honored. Unclaimed pairs will not be made available for purchase at a later time.
Submitted entries cannot be modified.
NIKE employees cannot change confirmed NIKE store, shoe style or shoe size entries.
Entries are not transferrable.
Winning entries cannot be sold, transferred, assigned or otherwise provided to anyone else. Evidence of such behavior by any account holder will result in disqualification. Entries have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash or for credit towards any purchase. NIKE will only redeem winning entries to the owners of the selected NIKE+ accounts.
The drawing process is subject to change at any time at NIKE’s sole discretion.