George and Amal Clooney will be joining students for next month's March For Our Lives. In a statement Tuesday, George and Amal also announced a donation of half a million dollars to help fund the nationwide marches.
"Amal and I are so inspired by the courage and eloquence of these young men and women from Stoneman Douglas High School," the couple told USA Today Tuesday. "Our family will be there on March 24 to stand side by side with this incredible generation of young people from all over the country." The March For Our Lives donation has been made in the names of their children, Ella and Alexander. "We're donating 500,000 dollars to help pay for this groundbreaking event," they said. "Our children's lives depend on it."
Politicians, including Trump—who declined to mention guns at all during his address to the nation last week—continue to ignore even the most basic logic when it comes to the shouldn't-be-a-debate-at-all issue surrounding gun safety. Following the death of 14 students and three school staffers at Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida last week, March For Our Lives announced a plan to take action into their own hands. "Politicians are telling us that now is not the time to talk about guns," the group said Sunday. "March For Our Lives believes the time is now." Marches are set to take place in D.C. and other cities March 24.
Meanwhile, Trump Jr. is busy liking brainless conspiracy theory tweets and, presumably, feeding his father tiny bites of Filet-O-Fish sandwiches while reclining in his lap.