At long last, HBO has confirmed the much-discussed, much-rumored cast of Season 2 of True Detective. Here is the main cast list—along with their character background—for the upcoming season:
- Colin Farrell as Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him.
- Vince Vaughn as Frank Semyon, a criminal and entrepreneur in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.
- Kelly Reilly as Jordan, Frank Semyon’s wife, a former D-list actress who is a full partner in his enterprises and ambitions.
- Rachel McAdams as Ani Bezzerides, a Ventura County Sheriff’s detective whose uncompromising ethics put her at odds with others and the system she serves.
- Taylor Kitsch as Paul Woodrugh, a war veteran and motorcycle officer for the California Highway Patrol, running from a difficult past and the sudden glare of a scandal that never happened.
We also know that some smaller roles will be filled by Abigail Spencer, Leven Rambin, and Michael Irby. Now that the cast is set, Nic Pizzolatto and Co. can get down to the important business of filming, and (hopefully) fitting each cast member for a custom leather jacket.
[via The Film Stage]