ComplexCon returns to Long Beach Nov. 6 - 7 with hosts J. Balvin and Kristen Noel Crawley, performances by A$AP Rocky and Turnstile, and more shopping and drops.
Secure your spot while tickets last!
Second week in and it feels like we’re just getting started. Thanks for checking back to another batch of EDM tunes, tapes, and videos that you need. This week features a stream of Eveson’s forthcoming album for V Records, mixes from Filthy Disco and Benzi, a new video from Dillon Francis, and plenty more. Enough bass-fueled madness to keep you enthused throughout the weekend!
Hit “next” or click the picture to read on…
One of the guys that we were upset we didn’t have featured in the Definitive Trap post was CRNKN. Dude’s done tracks with UZ before (among others), and is one of the more promising producers out there. He says he’s got a serious of freebies he’s going to be giving away, and this bouncey number is the first of that litter.
Eveson’s a producer that’s captivated those who are in the know of the drum & bass scene. His album for the monumental imprint V Records, The Summer of Love, is finally set to drop very soon, and he recently threw the entire project up for streaming. It’s got a grip of soul, and flows in and out of the dnb tempo (which Eveson’s been trying to push as of late). This project is set to drop in October, so keep it locked!
The mysterious Trap entity known as UZ (or ƱZ) contributed this blazing mix to the UKF Podcast series. Not much is known about UZ – word about life shows have started to trickle down, with talk of his contract list the requirement of performing in a mask and hoodie. No one knows (or has hinted at) who he actually is, and he fills his twitter timeline with interesting guesses of who the person behind the Trap could be. What we DO know is that this sound’s emergence in 2012 has been helped largely by his “Trap Shit” series, which got the ears of Mad Decent and a number of other top selectors. For good reason, too. In slightly under 38 minutes, he drops an unforgettable mixture of his own productions (including remixes of tunes from Heroes x Villains, Zeds Dead and a VIP of his own “Trap Shit V7”), as well as Filthy Disco’s “Harlem Shake” remix, tracks from CRNKN, RL Grime, L.E.P. Bogus Boys and plenty of others. Keep it locked to his SoundCloud for his latest tracks – the enigma has no plans of slowing down!
1. ƱZ – Trap Shit V6
2. Heroes x Villains – Original Chopper (ƱZ Edit)
3. Gladiator x Chromatic – Gamecube Nintendo
4. Flosstradamus & Dj Sliink – Test Me [ƱZ Remix]
5. Mele – Beamer (Club Edit)
6. RL Grime – Art Money
7. ƱZ – Trap Shit V7 (VIP)
8. 5kinAndBone5 & Robert Jeffrey – Penis Power [ƱZ x L☮LGURLZ Remix] (Pyramid Juke Remix)
9. ƱZ x Baauer – Untitled
10. Stereothieves – No Panties On
11. ƱZ x CRNKN – Booty 2 The Ground
12. Bro Safari – That Ass
13. CRNKN – Signs Of Life
14. Phokus & Grapes – froze [Joney Remix]
15. Mayhem x Antiserum – Bricksquad Anthem
16. Baauer – Harlem Shake [Filthy Disco Remix]
17. Raf Riley – King Henry’s Hustle
18. Zeds Dead – Cowboy [ƱZ Remix]
19. gLAdiator x LOUDPVCK – Scaley
20. D!RTY AUD!O Feat NikkiMarie – Drop That Ass
21. LiL TExAS – Hype Rhythm
22. L.E.P. Bogus Boys – Showtime
For the drum & bass community, the beginning of September is a time to hit up Italy. Seriously. The SUNANDBASS extravaganza is a haven for the dnb fan, getting to see a number of the best selectors within the scene. During the Bassdrive showcase, the mighty DJ Bailey (who recently ended his reign of the d&b show at BBC Radio 1Xtra a few weeks ago) and A-Sides dropped a heavy back to back set for the masses, and A-Sides was nice enough to offer it up for download. Be it classic styles or the newest of the new (and some unexpected bangers), these two are what you need for the weekend.
The duo known as Craggz & Parallel recently returned to the scene with their Product Placement EP. Their output is forever quality, so it really isn’t a surprise when heads were more than receptive and snapped the release up. They were so appreciative that they released a VIP version of the track “Clandestine”, featuring some gruff lyrics from the UK’s own Stig Of The Dump. Some really moody, minimal dnb for your screwface nights.
We’re definitely not done with the Trap craze. World-renowned selector DJ Benzi has just released a new tape, GIRL | TRAPZ, featuring a number of fly Trap versions of tracks you might know/remember, including Snap’s “Rhythm Is A Dancer”, N*E*R*D’s “Lap Dance”, 112’s “Dance With Me” and plenty more. This is essentially the Trap tape you play for your girlfriend who loves to sing to pop and dance music but says she can’t get into that “Trap stuff”.
On his first EP for Mad Decent, Dillon Francis kicked off with the wild “Masta Blasta”. With the Trap craze hitting all sides of the EDM scene, he touched it up with a Trap sensibility as “Masta Blasta (The Rebirth)”. This video is a hilariously awkward take on what it might be like for Dillon on his way to (and performing) at a gig.
Filthy Disco is another producer who’s gotten a lot of notoriety as a Trap producer, with remixes of Pharoahe Monch, Redlight and others really establishing him as one to watch. This week he dropped his NJT mixtape, as in “not just Trap”. He covers a number of EDM styles, and for those who are interested but only hear dubstep or some other random form can get a good example of the spectrum of the scene with this mix. He pulls out some great tracks, too. Something to enjoy these last few days of Summer to.
1. Fatman Scoop – Be Faithful
2. Belocca, Pleasurekraft – Murdered Out (Original Mix)
3. Oliver Giacomotto, David Amo, Julio Navas – Get Together (Original Mix)
4. Justin Jay – Femme Fatale (Original Mix)
5. Goldie – Kemistry (Justin Martin Remake)
6. Shadow Child – String Thing (Original Mix)
7. Tujamo & Plastik Funk – Who (Original Mix)
8. Dog Blood – Middle Finger (Original Mix)
9. Bart B More – Traction (Tai Remix)
10. Deorro – Bounce (Original Mix)
11. Mightyfools – Vega (Modek’s Hyper Mix)
12. John Dahlback – Grunge (Original Mix)
13. Wax Motif Feat. Neoteric – Go Deep (Torro Torro Remix)
14. Darude – Sandstorm (Candyland OG Remix)
15. Dillon Francis – Masta Blasta (The Rebirth)
16. Kill The Noise – Roots (Brillz Remix)
17. LeDoom & Tony Mundaca – CumbiaTRON (Reissue)
18. Mayhem & Antiserum – Bricksquad Anthem (Original Mix)
19. Waka Flocka Flame – Karma Ft. YG Hootie, Popa Smurf
20. Diplo & Oliver Twizt – GO (Filthy Disco Remix)
21. Driicky Graham – Snapbacks & Tattoos (Original Mix)
22. CRNKN & Dirty Audio – Da Realest (Original Mix)
23. Kanye West – Mercy (RL Grime & Salva Remix)
24. UZ – TRAP SHIT V7 (Original Mix)
25. Flux Pavillion – Bass Cannon (Stereothieves Trap Cannon Edit)
26. Pharoahe Monch – Simon Says (Filthy Disco Remix)
27. Flosstradamus – Rollup (Original Mix)
28. Jibbs – Chain Hang Low (Crizzly & AFK Remix)
29. Koan Sound – Akira (Megalodon & Supreme Remix)
30. Le Cousin – That Coochy (Requake Remix)
31. Natural Born Chillers – Rock The Funky Beats (Drankenstein Remix)
32. Dub Phizix & Skeptical – Marka (feat. Strategy)
33. Emalkay – Flesh & Bone (Delta Heavy Remix)
34. Skream – Where You Should Be feat. Sam Frank (Shy FX Remix)
Newly released on The Jeffrees this week is a two-tracker from Djemba Djemba. We figured it’d be some run of the mill Trap, but talk about a present surprise! Sure, it has your conventional Trap basics, but it’s the drums in this one. Added atop the regular beat are these marching band drums. Some of the movements in this favor a UK Grime sound, but it’s those drums. Feels like it’s live instrumentation riding on top of this tune. Flawless, really.
And we’re rounding this one out with a preview of a tune from Loadstar, aka Xample & Lomax. They come from the drum & bass circuit, and heads have been patiently waiting for their debut album on Ram to drop. Annie Mac surprised many by dropping this bit “Black & White” from them. No word if this is on their album, but this one is a definite departure from their signature sound – pure bouncy dubstep vibes with some infectious bleeps. Hope to hear more of this from them – no telling what their album will be sounding like!