Taylor Swift's Alleged Stalker Went to Her NYC Home 30 Times, Prosecutors Say (UPDATE)

The unruly man was detained by police after he tried to break into Swift's Tribeca apartment.

Gotham / GC Images

UPDATED 1/24, 3:45 p.m. ET: New details have emerged from prosecutors after the arrest of David Crowe.

According to TMZ, Crowe was arraigned on Wednesday on three separate charges that include stalking in the fourth-degree and harassment in the first and second degrees.

Prosecutors revealed Crowe allegedly was spotted at Taylor's Tribeca home 30 times in the past two months. On a number of these drop-ins, he asked to speak to Taylor.

UPDATED 1/22, 11:30 p.m. ET: The alleged stalker who was arrested on Saturday for trying to break into Taylor Swift's New York City townhouse was spotted giving it another go two days later.

According to TMZ, the head of Swift's security team contacted police when the unidentified man was spotted lurking around her home on Monday. When authorities arrived, the alleged stalker was nowhere to be found. That is, until they went to the corner of the street and saw him there.

He was then handcuffed and taken into police custody.

No word yet on if he will be charged.

See original story below.

An alleged stalker was arrested this weekend after trying to break into Taylor Swift's Manhattan home.

As reported by Page Six, the incident took place Saturday afternoon, when NYPD officers received a 911 call for a disorderly person along Franklin Street in Tribeca.

“Upon arrival, [police] were informed that the individual attempted to open a door to a building at the location," a spokesperson told the outlet.

This wasn't the first time the stalker was seen near Swift's residence, as witnesses claim the man has been "lurking here for a month.” According to one neighbor, the man is a "total nutcase" and has been “sleeping on the stoop, chain-smoking constantly, shouting, and generally making everyone uncomfortable.”

“When he arrived before Christmas, my husband asked what he was doing here and he said, ‘I want to see Taylor,'” the neighbor shared. “He even had flowers at one point.”

After arriving at the scene around 1:45 p.m., police arrested the man because there was an active and unrelated warrant out for his arrest. As of Saturday night, he had not yet been released.

Of course, it isn't the first time stalkers have been arrested outside of Taylor's Tribeca residence. Back in June 2022, a man showed up at Swift's home and threatened to hurt the singer if she refused to be with him. Months earlier, another fan was arrested after barreling his car into Swift’s building and a fire hydrant.

Latest in Music