Born and raised in Murcia, Spain, Sita Abellan is fast becoming a staple in house and techno raves across Europe and beyond. She first made her presence felt in a big way when she appeared in Rihanna's "BBHMM" video in 2015, but has since gone on to be a sought-after selector, finding fans in the likes of discerning rave experts like Seth Troxler and The Martinez Brothers.
She's also no stranger to the fashion world. Having been resident DJ for Jeremy Scott for the last few years, Abellan has become just as much of a fixture at fashion shows as she is in Ibiza clubs. She's also an accomplished designer in her own right, working on several collaborations as well as her own club kid-inspired Fendi bag and even her own jewellery label called Lilith.
While she continues her plans to dominate both the music and fashion worlds, we caught up with Sita Abellan to get a snapshot of what her DJ sets look like and talk about some of the tracks that went into it.
Tell us a bit about your selections in this mix.
This mix has some of my favourite tracks out at the moment from some of my favourites, like Helena Hauff, Marcel Dettmann, A Phase, Boy Harsher. It's a mix that represents my mood right now.
What was the one track you absolutely had to include?
"Come Closer" by Boy Harsher.
Any tracks that narrowly missed the cut?
"Runaway" by Tauchen. I love that track, but it didn't fit properly in the mix.
What's the first single or album you ever bought?
Probably a cassette of the album Spice by the Spice Girls. I was a big fan when I was a kid.
What's the last physical record you bought?
Plastic Box by Public Image Ltd. — it's a great anthology of a lot of their music. Public Image Ltd. were likely a big inspiration to some of my own favourite groups like The Soft Moon and Trust.
What do you want to see happen musically over the next 12 months?
My debut project finally coming out!
What trend or scene absolutely needs to die right now?
Trends were never good, but scenes are always interesting and kind of inspiring regardless of the product.
1. Frankie Knuckles - Your Love f/ Jamie Principle
2. Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body (Solardo)
3. Carl Cox - I Want You (Forever) (Josh Butler Remix) (Radio Edit)
4. Jamie Jones & The Martinez Brothers - Bappi (Edit)
5. Nightcrawlers - Push The Feeling On (MK Dub Revisited Edit)
6. Broken Ears - Feeling Good
7. Jax Jones - House Work
8. MistaJam - Rotate
9. Mason Maynard - Puffy
10. Disciples - Daylight (Radio Edit)
11. Green Velvet & Patrick Topping - Voicemail
12. Azari & III - Hungry For The Power (Jamie Jones' Ridge Street Mix)
13. Tazer & Tink - Wet Dollars
14. Blinkie & Crazy Cousinz - Blue Skies
15. Black Coffee, Bucie - Turn Me On
16. Cajmere & Dajae - Brighter Days
17. Dennis Ferrer - Hey Hey
18. iLL BLU - Tribalist (Get To Know) f/ Glowie
19. MK - 17
20. MK - Burning (Vibe Mix)
21. Wankelmut & Emma Louise - My Head Is A Jungle (MK Remix)
22. Blinkie - Must Be Love f/ Celina Sharma
23. Storm Queen - Look Right Through (MK Vocal Edit)
24. Blinkie - Must Be Love f/ Celina Sharma
25. Azealia Banks - Anna Wintour
26. Hot Natured - Benediction
27. Ninetoes - Finder - (Carl Cox Remix) (Edit)