Kesha filed to drop her California lawsuit against Dr. Luke on Monday; however, Rolling Stone reports she will continue to appeal two New York rulings that prevented her from ending her contract with the famed producer's label.
In 2015, the singer accused Dr. Luke of sexual assault and emotional abuse and has since tried to get out of her contract with Sony, insisting she cannot work with the man who has caused her so much harm. Dr. Luke has denied Kesha’s allegations and claims the 29-year-old’s lawsuit is just an attempt to get out of her deal and move onto to another record label. Throughout the highly publicized battle, cases have been put on hold, countersuits have been filed and dropped, and an entire movement has been formed in support of Kesha.
But it now appears, the singer more focused on getting her career back on track.
According to Rolling Stone, Kesha’s attorney, Daniel Petrocelli, said Kesha has submitted over a dozen new songs in order to fulfill her contract obligations.
Petrocelli said in a statement to Rolling Stone:
Kesha has dismissed her California action without prejudice while she pursues her appeal and other legal claims in the New York courts. Kesha is focused on getting back to work and has delivered 28 new songs to the record label. We have conveyed to Sony and the label Kesha's strong desire to release her next album and single as soon as possible.
In April, Manhattan state Supreme Court Justice Shirley Werner Kornreich threw out Kesha’s case against Dr. Luke, stating that the rape and abuse allegations couldn’t move forward due to the statute of limitations. Earlier that year, Judge Kornreich denied Kesha's request to be released from her contract so she could work with other producers while the case was pending.
The singer has since released a collaborative track with Zedd, and has done a series of live performances; however, she has not released an album since 2012's Warrior.