Vandal Who Allegedly Destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame Star Arrested

The LAPD has arrested the vandal who allegedly destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star.

Not Available Lead
Complex Original

Image via Complex Original

Not Available Lead

On Wednesday, a vandal destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star with a sledgehammer and an axe. But now, law and order has been restored. On Thursday morning, the alleged vandal, identified as Jamie Otis, was arrested by the LAPD.

According to Deadline, the suspect was arrested on charges of felony vandalism, which could land him in jail for up to three years and leave him with fines of more than $10,000 if he's found guilty. The suspect was arrested this morning while leaving a home in West Hollywood and taken to Men’s Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles. 

View this video on YouTube

Before the suspect was arrested, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce—the organization in charge of the Walk of Fame—said the group "intends to prosecute to the full extent of the law," Fox News reported. The organization's president, Leron Gubler, said the star will be repaired immediately—repairs are already underway—but that it might take a few days before it's back to its proper condition. Deadline reported that the monetary damage done to Trump's star was around $2,500.

EXCLU: @realDonaldTrump #WalkOfFame star destroyed by vandal Read here:

— Dominic Patten (@DeadlineDominic) October 26, 2016

The vandal hasn't been convicted of anything yet, so he's technically still a "suspect," but Otis hasn't been shy about his destruction of Trump's star. Otis' stunt was caught on multiple videos, and he wasn't afraid to take credit for it. As we reported yesterday, Otis had originally planned to remove the star and then sell it to raise funds for the women who have accused Donald Trump of sexual assault. But that didn't work out, so he just totally destroyed the star.

Otis told Deadline on Wednesday that he's willing to face the consequences of his actions. "I will gladly pay the money if I have to and if I must go to jail, I will," he said. He had intended on turning himself in, just not immediately. He had planned a press conference for Thursday morning, and then, after it ended, he was going to turn himself in to police at the Hollywood Police station.

But evidently, the LAPD didn't feel like waiting around for Otis and snagged him this morning.

Latest in Life