ComplexCon returns to Long Beach Nov. 6 - 7 with hosts J. Balvin and Kristen Noel Crawley, performances by A$AP Rocky and Turnstile, and more shopping and drops.
Secure your spot while tickets last!
It’s that time of year where Forbes makes us feel like shit again. The business magazine released its annual billionaires list, and this one included 20 people in the fashion world. Zara owner Amancio Ortega is still top dog amongst all of his fashion contemporaries, and third richest in the world sitting at $57 billion. The wealthy own most of the world's high fashion brands, but there are some surprises. Chip Wilson who owns Lululemon and Sara Blakely of Spanx are included. Who knew people bought so many Yoga mats and body shaping hosiery? Check out the list below, which is numbered in rank on where each appear on the overall list.
3. Amancio Ortega, Zara, $57 billion
10. Bernard Arnault, LVMH, $29 billion
12. Stefan Persson, H&M, $28 billion
56. Phil Knight, Nike, $14.4 billion
66. Tadashi Yanai, Fast Retailing, $13.3 billion
78. Miuccia Prada, Prada, $12.4 billion
131. Giorgio Armani, $8.5 billion
145. Alain & Gerard Wertheimer, Chanel, $8 billion
166. Ralph Lauren, $7 billion
248. Isak Andic, Mango, $5 billion
248. Philip & Christina Green, Topshop, $5 billion
276. Jin Sook & Do Won Chang, Forever 21, $4.5 billion
458. Renzo Rosso, Diesel, $3 billion
490. Chip Wilson, Lululemon, $2.9 billion
503. Doris Fisher, Gap, $2.8 billion
704. Nicolas Puech, Hermes, $2.1 billion
736. Carlo Benetton, Gilberto Benetton, Giuliana Benetton, Luciano Benetton, Benetton, $2 billion each
736. Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, Dolce & Gabbana, $2 billion each
1031. Paolo Bulgari, Bulgari, $1.4 billion
1342. Christopher Burch and Tory Burch, Tory Burch LLC, $1 billion each
1342. Sara Blakely, Spanx, $1 billion