ComplexCon returns to Long Beach Nov. 6 - 7 with hosts J. Balvin and Kristen Noel Crawley, performances by A$AP Rocky and Turnstile, and more shopping and drops.
Secure your spot while tickets last!
After this week's Raw, which featured The Undertaker challenging Brock Lesnar (as revenge for their historic WrestleMania match in 2014) to a match at SummerSlam, pro wrestling fans have been clamoring to find out what the rest of the 2015 WWE SummerSlam card will look like. As of right now, the only match the WWE has announced was Taker/Brock, but this week's Wrestling Oberserver Newsletter reportedly gave an early look at what the card will look like. Keep in mind that this is subject to change, as we're about five weeks away from the WWE's return to the Barclays Center for SummerSlam in August.
Here's what the card is looking like, with some information on the possible reasoning behind the matches:
- United States Champion John Cena vs. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins (given how they interacted on Monday night, this makes perfect sense, especially considering that there aren't any contenders).
- Sting, Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs. The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt has been on the warpath, trying to get rid of Roman Reigns, and called on his old homey Luke Harper, reforming the Wyatt Family recently. If those Sting/Taker rumors from last week are true, it looks like Sting could be brought in as the ultimate equalizer).
- Ryback vs. The Big Show for the Intercontinental title (this is all assuming Ryback's back from his knee injury in time).
- The Prime Time Players vs. The New Day (this doesn't say it's for the WWE Tag Team Championship, but that'd be a good assumption).
- Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens (judging by the seeds that are apparently sown at Smackdown this week, this not only makes perfect sense, but could be the sleeper hit of the show).
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev (they have been working this feud for months it feels, but it also hinges on if the film Ziggler is reportedly shooting is completed in time).
- The Bellas & Alicia Fox vs. Naomi & Tamina Snuka & Sasha Banks vs. Paige & Becky Lynch & Charlotte (anyone who's seen the growth of the Divas division over the last few weeks shouldn't be surprised, although we figure most would like to see Nikki Bella vs. Sasha vs. Charlotte, or just Sasha vs. Charlotte).
- The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar (obvs).
It's interesting to note that neither Randy Orton nor Sheamus are included in these rumors. You'd imagine that Orton, who's always hovering around the main event conenders, and the current Mr. Money In The Bank Sheamus would have some kind of match at such a massive event... right?
Another rumor going around is that ESPN might be getting more involved in covering WWE's SummerSlam weekend. For those who know, Jonathan Coachman works at ESPN now, and left the WWE to work with the sports giant. He's apparently been trying to motivate fans to get ESPN interested in doing more SummerSlam coverage, and it might work. ESPN is said to be into the WWE right now, and with drops in revenue, this could be a win (at least on social media). This isn't a lock, though, as some people are said to not f*ck with the WWE because it isn't a sport.