18. Switch Timeline to A More Traditional Format
For whatever reason, iMovie marches to the beat of its own drum. Instead of presenting the video timeline in one long line like most video editing programs, iMovie presents your clips in stacks. Not a big deal, really, but we prefer the traditional format. If you do, too, you can switch it up.
- Go to the “iMovie” file menu
- Go to “Preferences”, go to the “General” tab, and click “Show Advanced Tools”
- Go Back to your project window and you’ll see a Horizontal Display button on the top right corner. Click it.
- If you don’t like it, click it again to turn it off.