Hey numbnuts, gotta question for ya: What's your major malfunction? Well, if it's your iPod Nano, we may be able to help. Next week the Matt Damon Iraqi War flick Green Zone opens and by all accounts, it's supposed to be dope (say what you will about Matt Damon, such as: "My girlfriend thinks of him when she masturbates," dude makes some good movies).
To celebrate Green Zone's release, we're teaming with the studio to give away an 8 GB iPod Nano to the first Complex reader who
comes to the office and burns the three weeks of accumulated shit in our latrine answers every question in our War Movie Music Challenge. As with our PS3 Giveaway from last week (winner to be announced tomorrow), some questions are hard, and some may be FUBAR, but we can't just give the iPod to the first private who shits his pants at the sign of enemy fire. So get to quizin', maggot!
APOCALYPSE NOW, 1979
• Question #1: A portion of what German opera is played as Lt. Colonel Bill Kilgore's 1/9 Air Calvary attacks "Charlie's Point"?
• Question #2: In Jarhead, soldiers dance to a classic rap track that was not released until nearly six months after the Gulf War ended. What was it?
DEAD PRESIDENTS, 1995
• Question #3: What song is playing on the television when Skip (Chris Tucker) is found dead of a heroin overdose?
FULL METAL JACKET, 1987
• Question #4: What song do the soldiers sing as they march at the end of the film?
THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI, 1957
• Question #5: What was the golf-related inspiration for "The Colonel Bogey March," used prominently in The Bridge on the River Kwai?
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, 1998
• Question #6: What French singer does Cpl. Timothy Upham (Jeremy Davies) translate while waiting for the Germans to arrive?
INGLORIOUS BASTERDS, 2009
• Question #7: What famous Italian composer and conductor's music appears in Quentin Tarantino's film?
• Question #8: What song plays as Sgt. Elias (Willem Dafoe) is gunned down by the North Vietnamese?
GOOD MORNING VIETNAM, 1987
• Question #9: Name the seven artists that Lt. Steven Hauk (Bruno Kirby) would "find acceptable" for broadcast on AFRS.
• Question #10: Name five artists who have covered the MASH theme "Suicide is Painless."
FILL OUT THE FORM AND ENTER YOUR ANSWERS THE THE "COMMENT"!