The controversial rapper and his crew were accused of attacking Carey and one of his friends over a dispute regarding an event DaBaby was hired to host. The two had a disagreement over payment, and DaBaby was hit with a $6 million federal lawsuit over the fight. He was originally facing a criminal battery charge as well, but that was dropped before the trial concluded in DaBaby’s favor on Monday.
“Along with our client, Jonathan Kirk [DaBaby], we are thrilled that this federal jury, after a five-day trial, came to the same conclusion that we have maintained for almost 3 years—that these plaintiffs were attempting to use the legal system to shake down Mr. Kirk,” said his attorney Drew Findling. "Mr. Kirk deserves all the credit in the world for not caving in to these plaintiffs' cash demands and having the confidence in the facts and his legal team to take this to a jury trial for a complete and total victory!”
DaBaby and his crew were accused of assaulting Carey and stealing his phone, money, and credit card. The concert promoter was responsible for putting together a party at a Miami nightclub, which the rapper agreed to host for $30,000. Carey ultimately gave DaBaby $20,000 and said he’d provide the rest of the money following the event. He claimed he had to visit a doctor for wounds sustained in the brawl. DaBaby has maintained his innocence since the start.
Earlier this month, DaBaby was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit over his No. 1 hit track “Rockstar.”